Obama for America released eight radio advertisements today detailing the impact of the extreme Romney-Ryan budget on investments critical to a strong middle-class and a growing economy. From letting the housing market hit rock bottom to turning Medicare into a voucher system and slashing investments in education, the Romney-Ryan approach is consistent with their belief in a top-down economy – provide trillions in tax cuts to those at the top and pay for it with tax hikes on the middle-class and deep cuts in key investments we need to create jobs and grow our economy. America can’t afford to go back to the same policies that crashed our economy and punished the middle-class – we need to continue moving forward toward an economy built to last that strengthens the middle-class by paying down our deficit in a balanced way while making the investments critical to a growing economy. The radio ads highlight the following issues:
- - In Colorado, voters will hear how Romney would cut President Obama’s investments in clean energy, while giving millionaires another huge tax cut. And in Congress, Ryan voted to raise taxes on solar and wind companies, against tax credits to create jobs in Colorado.
- - In Florida, voters will hear how experts have said that the Romney-Ryan plan turns Medicare into a voucher and takes away the guarantee that millions of Floridians count on.
- - In Iowa, voters will hear how clean energy would be slashed under the Romney-Ryan budget, threatening Iowa’s status as a leader on wind energy jobs.
- - In Nevada, voters will hear how the Romney-Ryan plan would let the housing market hit the bottom and how Ryan voted against a bill to protect veterans and active duty service members from foreclosures.
- - In New Hampshire, voters will hear how under the Romney-Ryan budget, 21,000 college kids in New Hampshire would see their Pell Grants cut by $800.
- - In North Carolina, with so many families suffering from the impact of PTSD, voters will hear how Ryan voted against $20 million tailored to help with post-traumatic stress disorder and suicide prevention.
- - In Ohio, voters will hear how the Romney-Ryan budget could cut Pell grants for up to 356,000 Ohio students -- putting college out of reach for many families.
- - In Virginia, voters will hear how the Romney-Ryan plan slashes investments in road and infrastructure projects and how Ryan even opposed bridge repair and safety bills as a member of Congress.
Please click HERE to read the backup for these ads.