In these 2012 elections, I will once again vote for President Barack Obama so that he can continue the work he’s begun to bring our economy and our country back. President Obama faced a desperate situation when he came to power. The global economy was on the verge of collapse and the United States was dealing with one of the deepest crisis since the Great Depression. President Obama’s decision to responsibly deal with these complex issues has been a source of great hope for me.
In my opinion, the president’s administration has undertaken some amazing projects:
- Health care reform
- Naming Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court
- Fighting for passing the DREAM Act—which lets young men and women from immigrant families who’ve been raised and educated in this country continue their education and reach their dreams without fear of deportation
- His efforts and hard work to create fair laws to regulate Wall Street
- His unwavering commitment against discrimination of our gay brothers and sisters
- His initiative and action to save the auto industry
- The balanced way in which he handled delicate international affairs
- His desire to protect the most vulnerable members of our society—the old and the young—by protecting Medicare, Medicaid, and other safety nets.
In this election, I’ve volunteered as a translator, I’m helping make calls on my neighborhood team, and I’ve made sure that every member of my family that can vote makes their voice heard in this election. I hope you too make your voice heard and do your part in re-electing our President. Let’s go continue our work for a better future.