Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the "Promotion").
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.Please note that the Official Rules have changed. The evaluation and scoring of Finalist Posters will begin on or about November 28, 2011 and end December 9, 2011 (changed from November 21 to November 25, 2011). On or about December 12, 2011, the Sponsor will calculate the final score for each Finalist poster (changed from November 29, 2011). Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail by December 30, 2011 (changed from December 2, 2011).
- Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND PUERTO RICO, AND OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). BUSINESSES, CORPORATIONS, REGISTERED FEDERAL LOBBYISTS, REGISTERED FOREIGN AGENTS, FEDERAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEES, NATIONAL BANKS, FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, LABOR ORGANIZATIONS OR OTHER ENTITIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE, NOR MAY ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTER ON BEHALF OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUALS OR ENTITIES. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND OBAMA FOR AMERICA ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit five (5) entries per person.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 p.m. (all times Eastern Time) on October 6, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on November 6, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
- Prizes. Three (3) winners will receive the following prize: A framed copy of the Poster (defined below) signed by Barack Obama and all or part of the winner's Poster will be used and displayed on Sponsor's website and/or in other Sponsor advertising or promotional material (to be determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) associated with Sponsor's political advertising efforts (approximate retail value: $195).
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful, or if any prize is otherwise not claimed. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- How to Enter. To enter, take the following steps during the Promotion Period:
- Create a creative, original poster, 16 inches x 20 inches, in size (the "Poster") supporting Obama for America according to Sponsor's instructions posted here barackobama.com/artworks;
- Visit barackobama.com/artworks (the "Site"), complete the online entry form for the Promotion, and follow the directions to submit your completed entry and Poster online. Your Poster must be submitted in a .PDF or .JPG file format, should be at least 380px x 480px, but must not exceed 10 MB. To submit the online registration form, you must agree to the terms of the Promotion Submission Agreement located at barackobama.com/artworks ("Submission Agreement"), which will be presented for your acceptance during the entry submission process.
- Promotion Rules. Beginning on or about November 7, 2011 and ending on November 13, 2011 a panel of qualified Sponsor members or representatives to be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion (together, the "Judges") will evaluate entries and select from eligible entries the top twelve (12) Posters ("Finalist Poster") based on the Judging Criteria (defined below).
Beginning on or about November 28, 2011 and ending December 9, 2011, public voters and a panel of [qualified] Judges will evaluate and score the Finalist Posters online at barackobama.com/artworks based on the Judging Criteria. Each public voter must follow the online directions to submit his/her vote. (Each voter may only score each Finalist Poster once.)
Entries will be judged on the following "Judging Criteria":
- The most apt, creative, original and interesting Poster;
- Adherence to the stated theme: Why you support President Obama’s plan to create jobs now and re-electing him to continue fighting for jobs for the next four years.
- Appropriateness of tone: Conveying determination and strength
- Quality of workmanship
- License to Entry Materials. You hereby acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions of the Submission Agreement including, without limitation, the license you granted to Sponsor pursuant to Section 1 of the Submission Agreement. You also agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's license rights in the Entry Materials as set forth in Section 1 of the Submission Agreement.
- No Confidentiality. Posters submitted to Sponsor will not be treated as confidential, and you will not include or disclose any trade secrets or other confidential information, including without limitation confidential information of any third party, in any Posters.
- Non-Infringing Entry Materials. You hereby represent and warrant that: (a) you are eligible to enter the Promotion; (b) the Poster is original to you and that you are the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Poster and have the right to grant the rights granted herein or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit the Poster in connection with the Promotion and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules and the Submission Agreement; and (c) the Poster and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate or infringe any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property, personal, or proprietary rights.
- Federal Election Campaign Act Compliance. You hereby represent and warrant that all equipment, materials and facilities used to produce the Poster are owned by you and were not provided by a corporation, labor union, foreign national or federal contractor. Any disposable materials purchased specifically to produce the Poster will be treated as in-kind contributions to the Sponsor.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each winner's name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, each winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after September 30, 2011 and before September 30, 2012 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn:"Art Works Contest" Winner List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.barackobama.com/artworks or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: "Art Works Contest" Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
- Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2011 by Obama for America. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Illinois, U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction's choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: "Art Works" Questions.
- Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.
No purchase, payment, or contribution necessary to enter. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Entries must be received by 11/6/11. You may enter by submitting a poster according to the Official Rules and instructions found here. Three winners will receive a framed edition of their poster signed by Barack Obama and a limited edition of the poster distributed by Sponsor (approximate retail value $195). Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or of majority under applicable law). Promotion subject to Official Rules and additional restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor: Obama for America, 130 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601.