Strengthening Israel’s Defenses:
- Funding for Israel’s security has gone up every year under President Obama. His latest budget proposes a record-high $3.1 billion in security assistance, helping Israel maintain its qualitative military edge in the region.
- The Obama Administration secured the funding needed to build Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system, a critical tool in defending Israelis from rocket attacks.
Confronting the Iranian Nuclear Threat:
- President Obama has put in place the toughest sanctions ever imposed on the Iranian regime, including new measures targeting Iran’s entire financial system.
- President Obama has made clear that all options-- including military force--are on the table, and we will do whatever it takes to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear bomb.
Fighting Efforts to Undermine Israel:
- The Obama Administration has fought efforts at the UN to circumvent the peace process and delegitimize Israel.
- President Obama used the first UN Security Council veto of his presidency to stop condemnation of Israeli settlements.
- In the wake of the Goldstone Report, The Obama Administration stood up strongly for Israel’s right to defend itself.